Part Time College Counselor
Campus Bound supports families with the college admissions and financial aid process. We are seeking part-time college counselors to support our families through the college search and application process.
Part-time College Counselors will:
• Provide insight to parents and students on all aspects of college admissions
• Support students in compiling and refining a list of appropriately matched colleges
• Assist students in understanding application requirements and in organizing materials
• Review and provide feedback on essays
• Prepare students for college visits and interviews
• Facilitate parent-child communication
• Oversee on-time submission of error-free applications
The ideal candidate will be energetic, experienced, organized, and detail-oriented and will demonstrate the flexibility to support a wide variety of clients. Exceptional written and oral communication skills are a must, as well as an ability to adeptly use email, Google Docs, and video-conferencing technology. A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in selective undergraduate college admissions or high school college counseling is required.
This position requires evening and weekend availability to meet with students and parents outside of school and work hours. Counselors will be expected to support 8-20 families per class year. Meetings will occur primarily online. Counselors who live in eastern Massachusetts may have opportunities for in-person meetings, but out-of-area counselors are encouraged to apply. This is a cyclical job, requiring 0-10 hpw some times of year and 15+ hpw others. Busiest months are July – December. Counselors are compensated hourly; rate is commensurate with experience.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.