The admissions landscape has changed dramatically over the last two decades. Not only have things become more competitive, but colleges have also changed the ways in which they market to high school students and families. It can be challenging to sort through all of the “noise” and to know what information is accurate. How can you make sure you don’t miss anything?
We can help! Our team of college counselors will help you understand the process from the perspectives of both the student and the college. All of our counselors have extensive experience in college admissions and/or college counseling. We work collaboratively to deliver comprehensive and outstanding services to each of our families.
Our goal is to help all of our students find the school that represents the best fit academically, socially and financially. We develop strong relationships with our students and families to discover what is unique about each student. This allows us to help students submit college applications that make them stand out and tell colleges their unique stories.
We act as project managers to oversee the entire process, and leverage our expertise to make sure you’ve done your very best, including:
- Identifying colleges that may be a good match for the student and refining the college list over time
- Assisting with visit planning
- Helping students prepare for college interviews with a mock interview
- Reviewing essays (from brainstorming ideas through completing the final draft, including a thorough review by a Campus Bound Essay Specialist)
- Brainstorming and writing supplemental essays
- Developing a standardized testing plan (SAT, ACT, Subject Tests, test-optional schools)
- Demonstrating interest to colleges
- Creating a strategy for applications (applying Early Action, Early Decision or Regular Decision)
- Selecting teachers to write recommendations
- Creating a strong résumé that showcases a student’s strengths and talents
- Proofreading all applications
- Managing the deferral and wait list process
- Keeping the process on track with attention to details and deadlines
- Offering access to teen expert Joani Geltman who can help facilitate good family communication during the admissions process
- Identifying the best college major and career choice for students with a YouScience assessment
Most importantly, we do all of this while aiming to keeping family relationships intact. The college search and application process should be a fun and exciting time – not a stressful time with nagging, arguing and conflict within the family.
With Campus Bound as your partner, you can be assured that the process will stay on track and that all of your questions will be answered.
We offer flexible service options designed to fit the needs of each of our families.
Nearly 40% of first-year students at 4-year colleges leave or transfer to a different school after the first year of college.
– ACT Institutional Data File, 2012
At Campus Bound, we are proud to report that fewer than 5% of our students transfer from the college where they initially enrolled.
Sometimes, a transfer is inevitable or required, in cases of financial hardship or if a student changes to a major not offered at their current school. Often, students change institutions because their initial college search and application process was not thorough and complete. While it is our goal for a student to find the right school as a freshman, we also assist students through the transfer admissions process.